Winner of Survivor: Pearl Islands (Season 7) and Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains (Season 20): Sandra Diaz-Twine
Sandra Diaz-Twine was named the winner of Survivor: Pearl Islands (Season 7) during the finale on December 14, 2003. She defeated runner-up Lillian Morris by a vote of 6-1. At the time of her win, Sandra was a 29-year-old office assistant from Fort Lewis, Washington. Sandra’s ability to maneuver through alliances successfully is what got to the end and earned her the victory. Sandra was also the first winner to never directly win an individual challenge.
Sandra was also named the winner of Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains (Season 20) during the finale on May 16, 2010. She defeated runners-up Parvati Shallow and Russell Hantz by a vote of 6-3-0. Sandra once again needed to be very adaptable after losing key allies early, but she rallied by working with the Heroes. She made herself be perceived as non-threatening while finding a hidden immunity idol in the process. Due to her tenacity and social relationships, she was able to take advantage of the Heroes’ dislike for Parvati and Russell and thus became Survivor’s first ever two-time winner.
In addition to Survivor: Pearl Islands and Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains, Sandra competed on Survivor: Game Changers (Season 34). She was voted out on day 16 and came in 15th place.
Sandra also returned to Survivor: Island of the Idols (Season 39) as a mentor.
Sandra Diaz-Twine’s Appearances on Rob Has a Podcast
- Sandra Diaz-Twine: Uncut & Uncensored – June 14, 2010
- Sandra on Rob, Russell and Redemption Island – February 18, 2011
- Sandra Diaz-Twine and Coby Archa on Survivor’s Macho Meltdown – February 29, 2012
- Sandra Diaz Twine Talks Caramoan, Cochran and Corinne – April 4, 2013
- Sandra, Fairplay & Rupert 10 Years After Survivor Pearl Islands – January 20, 2014
- Survivor 2015: Sandra Diaz-Twine Recaps Worlds Apart Episode 11 – April 30, 2015
- Survivor 34 Exit Interview | Latest Player Voted Out – April 6, 2017
- Sandra Diaz-Twine Recaps Ep #9 of Survivor: David vs. Goliath – November 23, 2018