We need to talk about the people we weren’t talking about, the castaways who weren’t getting confessionals, the players who are out there for just as many hours as the rest of ‘em, only they’re not getting camera time. In Book VII of The Republic, ancient Greek philosopher Plato imagines a conversation between his brother Glaucon and his teacher Socrates which outlines an analogy for human existence: Most of us are chained in a cave while shadows – cast by objects moving in front of the fire of “truth” – move on the blank wall in front of us. We can’t directly witness reality; all we can see are the flickering images of truth distorted by the process of projection. Only a philosopher, freed from her shackles, is able to perceive truth by looking right into the heart of the fire.
Search Results for: baker's dozen
– In the latest Baker’s Dozen, Andy Baker dissects the Survivor: Philippines endgame and offers some strategic “Loved Ones Visit” suggestions to future contestants.
– In the latest Baker’s Dozen, Guest Blogger Andy Baker writes a Dear Jon letter, outlines his Abi immunity conspiracy theory, and tries once again to predict the future.
– In the latest Baker’s Dozen, Guest Blogger Andy Baker takes a look at the conflicts that will define the endgame of Survivor Philippines.
So, how does Guest Blogger Andy Baker follow up last week’s egregious misread of Penner’s vote for Abi? By hatching two more crazy theories, of course! If you want to know if Lisa was aware that Mike was going to flip, and why Mike would be okay with a split-vote strategy – as well as peruse a quick Edit Audit – then you simply have to check out this week’s Baker’s Dozen!
– After yet another epically entertaining episode, Guest Blogger Andy Baker was left scratching his head: Why did Penner vote for Abi? Why did Abi reveal her idol? And why, oh why, did Pete’s soul-reading ability fail him? If you want to know the answers to these questions – and more! – then you have to check out this week’s Baker’s Dozen!
– In this week’s column, Guest Blogger Andy Baker takes an extensive look at last week’s Tribal Council in an attempt to understand everything that’s been going on in the Dangrayne camp. If you want to see Andy peel back all the layers of the onion – as well as weigh in on a lot of other random topics – you have to check out this week’s Baker’s Dozen!
– In this week’s column, Guest Blogger Andy Baker crosses a lot of questions off of his Survivor grocery list: How did Jeff Kent backstab himself? Why should everyone left in the game fear the power of Penner? Who is the merge going to hurt, and who is it going to help? What new alliances should the eleven remaining castaways consider creating? And what the heck is going on with AB’s pre-season pick to win it all, Mike Skupin?! All this and more in the latest Baker’s Dozen!
– We just had a double elimination, and all Guest Blogger Andy Baker wants to talk about is the merge and the jury. If you want to know what he has to say about pre-merge jurors… if you want to know just how many Survivor commandments were violated this week… and if you want to see him admit just how wrong he was in his pre-season cast assessment, then you can’t miss this Baker’s Dozen!
10/13/12 – Survivor Blogger Andy Baker delves into the narrative developments and editing undercurrents of Survivor: Philippines. Which castaways are endgame factors? Which players are doomed for an early departure? The answers to these questions – and more! – can be found in this week’s Baker’s Dozen!
– After another week of immunity challenge ineptitude from Matsing, Guest Blogger Andy Baker has had enough! In the latest Baker’s Dozen, he questions the Survivor casting process, and wonders if there might be an ulterior motive to the decidedly unbalanced design of this season’s three tribes. If you’re fond of Survivor, conspiracy theories, and righteous indignation, you can’t miss this Baker’s Dozen!
– Now that’s what you call an episode of Survivor: Cuddling and cookies! Probst getting frisky! Roxy preaching the truth! If you want to read what Guest Blogger Andy Baker has to say about the latest developments on Survivor: Philippines – including an explanation of a few key early game Survivor commandments – then check out the latest Baker’s Dozen!
– Survivor is back, and Guest Blogger Andy Baker couldn’t be happier. A 90-minute episode, a full intro, three tribes led by a trio of intriguing returnees, a deep water challenge, and a Fairplay-hating, Hantz-worshipping, metaphor-murdering first boot… what’s not to love? Check out what Andy has to say in the first Baker’s Dozen of the season!
– On Wednesday night, at around 10:30 EST, a crime was committed on live television: Ian Terry stole $500k and the Big Brother 14 crown from Dan Gheesling. How the heck did this happen? Guest blogger Andy Baker weighs in on the finale in his last BB14 Baker’s Dozen!