– Blogger Andy Baker sets aside the sermonizing and gets back to the game.
– In the latest Baker’s Dozen, Andy Baker analyzes the choices the castaways are making. Like many of you, I play a number of different roles in my life: I’m a writer, an English teacher, a husband and father… and a squash coach. (If you’re not familiar with squash, it’s a cousin of racquetball.) […]
We need to talk about the people we weren’t talking about, the castaways who weren’t getting confessionals, the players who are out there for just as many hours as the rest of ‘em, only they’re not getting camera time. In Book VII of The Republic, ancient Greek philosopher Plato imagines a conversation between his brother Glaucon and his teacher Socrates which outlines an analogy for human existence: Most of us are chained in a cave while shadows – cast by objects moving in front of the fire of “truth” – move on the blank wall in front of us. We can’t directly witness reality; all we can see are the flickering images of truth distorted by the process of projection. Only a philosopher, freed from her shackles, is able to perceive truth by looking right into the heart of the fire.
As The Contrarian, I am going to use this Baker’s Dozen to disagree with a fair number of the post-premiere prevailing opinions as well as make arguments which you’ll be inclined to dismiss out of hand. I promise you, though, that my opinions and observations are not as foolish as they might at first seem…
– Andy Baker shares what will be on his mind on Wednesday night! So here we are, only days away from the Survivor: Caramoan premiere, and I find myself full to overflowing with thoughts and ideas about Fans vs. Favorites Part Deux. Not one to keep my opinions to myself, I thought a pre-season […]
– Guest Blogger Andy Baker offers up his final thoughts on Survivor: Philippines in the last Baker’s Dozen of the year.
– With the finale looming large on the horizon, Guest Blogger Andy Baker shares what’s on his mind heading into Sunday!
– In the latest Baker’s Dozen, Andy Baker dissects the Survivor: Philippines endgame and offers some strategic “Loved Ones Visit” suggestions to future contestants.
– In the latest Baker’s Dozen, Guest Blogger Andy Baker writes a Dear Jon letter, outlines his Abi immunity conspiracy theory, and tries once again to predict the future.
– In the latest Baker’s Dozen, Guest Blogger Andy Baker takes a look at the conflicts that will define the endgame of Survivor Philippines.
So, how does Guest Blogger Andy Baker follow up last week’s egregious misread of Penner’s vote for Abi? By hatching two more crazy theories, of course! If you want to know if Lisa was aware that Mike was going to flip, and why Mike would be okay with a split-vote strategy – as well as peruse a quick Edit Audit – then you simply have to check out this week’s Baker’s Dozen!
– After yet another epically entertaining episode, Guest Blogger Andy Baker was left scratching his head: Why did Penner vote for Abi? Why did Abi reveal her idol? And why, oh why, did Pete’s soul-reading ability fail him? If you want to know the answers to these questions – and more! – then you have to check out this week’s Baker’s Dozen!
– In this week’s column, Guest Blogger Andy Baker takes an extensive look at last week’s Tribal Council in an attempt to understand everything that’s been going on in the Dangrayne camp. If you want to see Andy peel back all the layers of the onion – as well as weigh in on a lot of other random topics – you have to check out this week’s Baker’s Dozen!
– In this week’s column, Guest Blogger Andy Baker crosses a lot of questions off of his Survivor grocery list: How did Jeff Kent backstab himself? Why should everyone left in the game fear the power of Penner? Who is the merge going to hurt, and who is it going to help? What new alliances should the eleven remaining castaways consider creating? And what the heck is going on with AB’s pre-season pick to win it all, Mike Skupin?! All this and more in the latest Baker’s Dozen!
– We just had a double elimination, and all Guest Blogger Andy Baker wants to talk about is the merge and the jury. If you want to know what he has to say about pre-merge jurors… if you want to know just how many Survivor commandments were violated this week… and if you want to see him admit just how wrong he was in his pre-season cast assessment, then you can’t miss this Baker’s Dozen!