Saturday Night Live finished up back to back brand new episodes over the past two weeks – concluding with Kerry Washington from “Scandal” hosting on November 2nd. Rob Cesternino and Rich Tackenberg discuss this week’s show and the previous week’s outing with Ed Norton.
Kerry Washington (November 3rd)
- SNL at least mentions the lack of diversity in the cast, specifically the lack of an African-american woman, in the opening monologue.
- Jay Pharoah and Kerry Washington put on a hilarious parody of the “What Does the Fox Say Video” with their response, “What Does My Girl Say?”
- The show pokes fun at the way Black people view some of the complaints that White people are having on “How’s he Doing?”
- Rob or Rich didn’t understand at all what the Miss Universe sketch was about.
- Rob couldn’t wait for “Cartoon Catchphrase” to be over.
- We could probably skip seeing Keenan as Charles Barclay any more
- Rich really wasn’t feeling the return of Jay Pharoah’s Principal Frye
Ed Norton (October 26)
- Rob and Rich both loved the spoof of the Wes Anderson film “The Midnight Coterie of Sinister Intruders”
- The digital short for “Autumn’s Eve Pumpkin Spice” was also a hit with Rob
- Anthony Crispino’s return to the Update Desk
- We can also skip any future sketches with Keenan as Steve Harvey
- Rich really didn’t like the Halloween Candy sketch with John Waters (?), although Rob liked Adult Ruth