Subscribe to News AF:
News AF Podcast in iTunes | News AF Podcast RSS Feed
Rob, Tyson and Danny talk about the hoverboard priest, two broke girls, tacos, Politwoops, Womb Music, Tommy Texter, Militia standoffs in Oregon, ham covered dogs, threesomes and more!
News AF 11 – Hoverboard Priest – 01/04/16
- Movie Phone Etiquette: Rob and Nicole saw Star Wars – discussion on cell phone etiquette, smart watches, movie trailers taking too long.
- New Year’s (7:39): Danny shares his annoyance over his neighbors New Year’s pyrotechnics.
- Hoverboard Priest (9:20): Priest did sermon from Hoverboard and was suspended. Discussion on ways to increase attendance at church.
- Ham Dog (14:10): Viral photo of badly burned dog turned out to be a piece of ham on its face. Discussion of slacktivism (pejorative portmanteau of slacker + activism – forward this to everyone on FB).
- Oregon Standoff (18:50): Militia group took over Occupation of the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge headquarters.
- Where White People Meet (22:10): Billboard in Utah advertising new dating site wherewhitepeoplemeet.com
- Politwoops App (28:50): New app that shows tweets posted then deleted by politicians. Claim to fame: Congressional staffer fired after tweeting during 2013 Super Bowl ‘Me likey broke girls’. #MeLikeyNewsAF
- Ants on drugs (34:10): Study done on bugs on drugs concludes permanent alteration from use of drugs. Discussion on which drugs to take to help stick to your New Year’s Resolutions.
- Auto Brewery Syndrome & DUI Acquittal (37:18): Woman in NY had her DUI dismissed because she has Auto Brewery Syndrome (aka Gut Fermentation Syndrome).
- Taco Tuesday (41:45): Las Vegas Taco place uses security footage of robbery in a commercial to help find the burglars and recoup costs. Leads to discussion on how Jared Fogle is going to fare in prison.
- Mixtape Tampon (46:48): Babypod – Music speaker inserted like a tampon to play tunes in utero. Not available in the U.S. on their website.
- Menage et trois Murder (51:24): Submitted by Tyson. Man murders friend after accidental contact (ball to ball) during a menage et trois. Deemed Actual Craptual. Rob marvels at the choreography and gambling that must occur during such an act. Danny finds an article on a similar case at Yale from back in September that ended in murder. Tyson wonders if these 3 people met at wherewhitepeoplemeet.com and how did someone at Yale get access to a knife.
- Adam from Australia (57:00): #WatermelonBoy, Australian Survivor,
- Episode Hashtag (1:03:00): #MeLikeyNewsAF
15. 5 Star Review of the Week: from PT.Raja Jan 2, 2016
How to Help Support RHAP
- Today’s Episode Sponsor | True Car
- Become a Patron of Rob Has a Podcast | RobHasAwebsite.com/Patron