We’re looking forward to having you on an upcoming LIVE edition of Rob Has a Podcast. Before you start, here are some things to keep in mind that are going to give you the best technical experience with the google hangout.
You’ll need to wear headphones to do this. You can use either a computer with a working webcam and microphone OR a smartphone / ipad with the Hangouts app.
On a Computer
- For best results, try to use a computer that was a wired internet connection.
- Google Chrome is the browser that will work best. If you don’t have it, you can download it here.
- Also, if you’re computer has been running for a while, it’s best to restart it before you join the google hangout.
- Make sure that you are in an area that is well lit and not too noisy. Remember to turn you TV or music off.
On an Ipad
- Download the Hangouts App
- Log in with your google account and be sure to let us know that address
- Click the link for the invitation when it comes.
Directions to Join the Google Hangout
1. About half hour before the show, I will e-mail you a link to the google hangout. When you get the link, click on it.
2. If you don’t already have a google account, you’ll be asked to create one. If you use gmail, you already have one. Any e-mail address can be used to create your google account.
3. If you have never done a google hangout before, you will have to download a piece of software to your computer. You need to allow this download to happen and let it install. This won’t hurt your computer.
4. Once you have the hangout software created, you will be able to enter the google hangout.
To see how this all works, you can watch this video: