Last week my blog compared each Survivor pair to a WWE tag team. Basically I was saying I only want a limited amount of people to understand what the hell I was saying. This week let’s open it up to the masses! I’m going with comparing each pair to a movie Cop-ish pair. Keep in mind this is not a thesis paper for a Harvard class, so some of the comparisons are going to be strong and some are going to seem like a litttttttttttle bit of a stretch. This season has been fun so far, which sometimes early episodes of survivor are not, because everything is so predictable. The best twist is the obvious one, bringing in the loved ones, because it really does add a huge layer to this already dense game.
Let’s look at each law enforcement partnership:
· Rupert/Laura staring in: Robocop http://www.youtube.com/watch?
· Tyson and Rachel Staring in: Training Day: http://www.youtube.com/watch?
· Monica and Brad staring in Colors http://www.youtube.com/watch?
· Tina/Katie starring in: Feds http://www.youtube.com/watch?
· Hayden and Kat starring in: Se7ven http://www.youtube.com/watch?
· Aras/Vytas staring in: Tango and Cash http://www.youtube.com/watch?
· Laura/Ciera staring in Rizzoli and Isles http://www.youtube.com/watch?
· Candice/John starring in : Kindergarten Cop http://www.youtube.com/watch?
· Gervase/Marissa starring in: Who Framed Roger Rabbit. http://www.youtube.com/watch?
Bonus Duo as a prize for your dedication for sticking through this blog:
· Rob C and Scott starring in Point Break
“Im an R.H.A.B writer!!” http://www.youtube.com/watch?
Obviously I’m Keanu Reeves in this scenario and Rob is my veteran partner playing Gary Busey, ordering me around, “Scottie, get me Two!” http://www.youtube.com/watch?
I am an open book and therefore am compelled to share another comparison between Point Break and Rob’s website, which could get me killed by the evil Cesternino. Rob’s website is just a front for a serious bank robbing business. All the funding for his website I think comes from that. All the bloggers join Rob once a month in an armed robbery of a southern California bank, while wearing the Past Survivor winners masks. It sucks because I got stuck wearing the mask of the girl who beat Russell Hantz in the finals. I’m not going to lie, I got freaked out my first time when @ChannonSarah pistol whipped an elderly woman while laughing hysterically.
This season has been pretty interesting early on, even with the eighteen different twists this year. I’m looking forward to seeing if the Rookies can pull together and win a competition, so we can see Colton meltdown and get his comeuppances. The dynamics of having loved ones playing with each other truly does add a very entertaining dynamic to the game, because Survivor is already so Cray Cray that it’s going to drive some of these players’ bananas soon I think. Thank you for your time and please let me know if you think there was a cop duo I forgot to use at @Scotty07 on twitter.