I was born in 1980, which was basically the hay-day for sitcoms. Sitcoms in the 80’s and 90’s that were worth their salt always had at least one, “very special episode”. These episodes usually focused on drug use, drinking and driving, eating disorders and in some amazing cases….um….creepy old men having unsafe relationships with kids. I picked this theme for this week of my Survivor blog, because this was a “very special episode” of Survivor. All the main stars of the show took a backseat to the rookies finally winning a competition and the vets finally spending an evening at Tribal Council. I’m shocked the Rookies, when they won the comp didn’t all react like Steve Martin in Parenthood: http://www.youtube.com/watch?
- Aras and Vytas in Family ties + Fresh prince: http://www.youtube.com/watch?
- Katie/Tina in Who’s the boss + Golden Girls: http://www.youtube.com/watch?
On to Tina in Golden girls: http://www.youtube.com/watch?
- Tyson in Boy meets world: http://www.youtube.com/watch?
- Brad/Monica in Home improvement Brad gets caught with Pot +Growing Pains: http://www.youtube.com/watch?
As for Monica, here she is in Growing pains: http://www.youtube.com/watch?
- Laura/Ciera in 90210 and Punky Brewster. First Laura in 90210 Donna pushed down stairs: http://www.youtube.com/watch?
Ciera in Punky Brewster: http://www.youtube.com/watch?
- Gervase in Saved by the bell : http://vimeo.com/44761439
Our first, but maybe not our last “very special” Saved by the bell clip here (see what I did there, it’s called For-sha-doe-ing?)In this episode the immortal Johnny Dakota, the famous movie star is looking to shoot an anti-drug ad at Bayside High. NaturallyZach and the gang find themselves in the middle of it, because for some never explained reason they were a part of every sports team, cheer squad, year book club, chess club, the random TV high school audio/video club, auto shop club and the amateur porn club…ok I made that last one up. Anyways, Johnny Dakota it turns out is not the good, wholesome guy that we all thought he was, because he tries to get Kelly and Zach to smoke “the grass”. He then gets called-out and then gets exiled to the Bayside High redemption island never to be seen from again. Gervase needs to avoid this fate himself. Gervase has shown he does have a survivor evil side to him and if/when that comes out he will be in trouble. I think Gervase lacks the likeability that Tyson has with a potential hostile jury. I think he needs to play less dirty come the merge, capice? Does Gervase need to play a dirty Survivor game to succeed? That is the question to look for next week.
- Candice/John in Different strokes really creepy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?
- Kat/Hayden in Full house: http://www.youtube.com/watch?
Hayden in very special Punky Brewster part deux: http://www.youtube.com/watch?
- Laura inFamily matters, Urkel Drunk: http://www.youtube.com/watch?
- Caleb in Saved by the bell I’m so Excited!: http://www.youtube.com/watch?
We have come to the end of our “very special” blog episode. If the merge does happen next episode, then the game will really begin. Having the loved ones playing side by side 24/7 will be something that really has never been seen on Survivor before. My guess would be that no major player gets voted off next week as the tribe settles in. I would guess Laura is the one to go. If a big move is made then I would guess it would be against the two brothers. It is so hard to predict because we don’t know how having everybody at one tribe will affect the game. The dynamics this season are about to completely change. I think this continues to be a very strong season in Survivor history. Let me know if there are “very special” episodes that I missed or could have used. Thanks for reading!