Black Voices of Survivor: A Conversation with Julia Carter plus J’Tia Hart on the Survivor Anti-Racism Petition
To elevate the Black voices in the Survivor community, Rob Cesternino talks with Survivor: Edge of Extinction castaway Julia Carter in the second conversation of our new series “Black Voices of Survivor.” Before Rob’s discussion with Julia, Rob speaks with Survivor: Cagayan castaway Dr. J’Tia Hart to discuss the Survivor Anti-Racism Petition that she and some of her fellow castaways have started.
In this series, Rob will speak with various African-American members of the Survivor community to teach the audience more about their experiences playing Survivor as an African-American and the unique challenges they faced on and off the island. They will also be focusing on their life experiences as an African-American and tell the listeners how we all can be allies to the Black community given all the unrest going on in the world currently.
- Donate to Campaign Zero
- Campaign Zero is a project of the non-profit organization WeTheProtestors with ten different policy solutions created to help every single police department across the United States to end police violence by supporting the analysis of policing practices across the country, research to identify effective solutions to end police violence, technical assistance to organizers leading police accountability campaigns and the development of model legislation and advocacy to end police violence nationwide
- Tribes and Tribulations: A Conversation on the African-American Reality Television Experience LIVE on Friday, June 26, 2020 at 6:30 PM ET / 5:30 PM ET
- Moderated by Nicole Symmonds, a PhD candidate in Religon at Emory University and a former pop culture journalist and features two different groups of Survivor castaway panelists
- The “Tribe” panel will be answering the question: “How does race factor into success on reality tv competition shows? And how are racist acts handled?” and will feature Russell Swan, Julia Carter, and Wendell Holland
- The “Tribulations” panel will be answering the question: “How should reality tv competition shows adapt in handling racism and their portrayal of people of color?” and will feature J’Tia Hart, Jamal Shipman, Ramona Gray Amaro, and Brice Johnston
- A Petition for Anti-Racism Action by Survivor Entertainment Group
- Purple Pants Re-Post: Brice Izyah Discusses George Floyd – June 3, 2020
- RHAP Spotlight: Revisiting Sean Rector on Talking with T-Bird – June 10, 2020
- Black Voices of Survivor: A Conversation with Jamal Shipman – June 18, 2020
- Black Voices of Survivor Roundtable – June 24, 2020