This summer Rob has had the chance to podcast about some of his favorite films and this week on Rob Has a Movie cast, Rob discusses the 1997 film “Boogie Nights” written and directed by Paul Thomas Anderson. Rob is joined by movie buff and podcast contributor Matthew Bok (@MJBok on twitter) to discuss the film in great detail.
The film stars Mark Wahlberg as Eddie Adams aka Dirk Diggler who goes from dishwasher to adult film star with the help of adult film director Jack Horner (played by Burt Reynolds). Jack adds Dirk to his stable of stars which include many amazing actors such as John C. Reilly as Reed Rothchild, Julianne Moore as Amber Waves, Don Cheadle as Buck Swope and Heather Graham as Rollergirl. Jack also employs Scottie played by Phillip Seymour Hoffman and Little Bill played by William H. Macy.
In this podcast, Rob tries to explore some of his questions about the film including:
– Why does Eddie Adams from Torrence commute all the way to valley to work at Luis Guzman’s club? Was he trying to get into adult films or was it all just a coincidence?
– What is the relationship between Jack Horner and Amber Waves?
– Does Buck actually know anything about stereo equipment?
– Why does Little Bill kill himself at the party?
– Which is the superior Dirk Diggler song “Feel My Heat” or “You’ve Got the Touch?”
– What are the chances that the same kid from Rollergirl’s class in the beginning of the film would get picked up in the filming of the movie in the limo?
– Is Amber Waves actually a good mom?
We try to answer all of these questions in one jam packed Boogie Night’s podcast that is longer than… well, you know…
Big Brother Live Feeds – Sign up for total access to watch the Big Brother Live Feeds, including the ability to watch on mobile devices for no extra charge.